Followers

Monday 28 May 2012

little star!

Here is my entry for this weeks Lessismore Challenge - Shaped card. It's quite simple but I needed another baby boy card in a bit of a hurry, and I was desperate to try out my new lyra pencils... I only have a few so I used them with coloured pencils I already had! It's a long time since I've used pencils to colour an image, tend to stick to copics/promarkers but I really love the soft effect you get from pencils on kraft card.... hmmmm think I need some practice!
Challenges entered LIM 69
fabnfunky  new beginnings
cas-ualfridays masculine with designer paper - don't know if this counts as not much dp!
digidoodles spotty

off now to practice with my pencils..........
Chris
x

16 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Awhh! This is sooooo cute..Fabulous shape..Fabulous image..Fabulous colours...I LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Pia S said...

Your card looks great! Kraft and blue is such a beautiful combination, and I love the star shape!

Chrissie said...

Cute card Chris. I love the gingham border on your star!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is more"

Julie said...

Cute! Great shape and I love the bundle!

CaroleAnn said...

Chris
I like your card - that little teddy is adorable and the soft colors are perfect! I get spoiled with my Copics too and tend to never grab anything else to color with! Great Job - I joined your site - loved your work;) Hugs

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is lovely sweetie but he paper is more gingham then spotty. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Pat said...

Sweet card, thanks for entering our “New Beginnings” challenge at Fab’n’Funky this week.

Pat xx

Deanna said...

Darling card with the little baby bundle attached to it!

Viv said...

Lovely card - hanging teddy looks great!

Mandi said...

Sweet card, good idea to use a star as the main card
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

M said...

Ahhh sooo sweet, I love this and think it's a great idea for a baby card! M x

Rach83 said...

Ooh a star card! I love your shaped base and the CAS design is so stylish and modern.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Our next challenge launches tomorrow - be sure to check it out.

Rachel x

Bettina L. said...

This is a lovely star, but I agree with Cathy, it is more gingham than spotty. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Kimberly said...

Aww...this is so sweet! I love the star shape and the cute little image. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

MiniOwner said...

Oh I LOVE this!
Sue x

Michele Gross said...

Oh this totally counts! We're all about the CAS so a little bit of DP goes a long way :) This is adorable!!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!