Followers

Monday 8 April 2013

Lime and black at LIM

Hi! just a quick post from me to share a card I made for this weeks Less is More challenge. I used the negative part of the black card after punching the flower and die cutting the 'stem' and oval aperture for the sentiment. I backed the flower part with a piece of paper which I 'zentangled' some time ago. (So therapeutic! I probably haven't done it properly, I just doodled, but I enjoyed it!!).
Rather blurred close up of the zentangled background!
I stamped the sentiment on a piece of lime green card, then stuck the black piece on top. Added a piece of ribbon and a button and that's it!
Thanks for taking the time to look.
Chris
x
Challenges entered LIM 114 Lime and black
lilredwagon Negative
shoppingourstash not your normal paper (does my zentangled paper count?)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice and elegant, love the color combo xxx

Doreen said...

such beautiful card - really elegant
Hugs
doreen xx

Sharon said...

This is very striking Chris. I am loving the Lime green and black.
Hugs Sharon. x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oooo how lovely and bright and cheerful. Judy x

Chrissie said...

This is great, the zentangling looks terrific on the petals.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Claudia said...

Hi Chris, what a great idea, this looks really special and so different. Great card.
Hugs Claudia

Wishcraft said...

Your flower looks fab, this is lovely Chris :o) Hugs, Lisa x

JanR said...

Your zentangled flower is very cool! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

chrissy xx said...

Such Striking colours Chris...I LOve your flower and the two colours in your button.
Chrissyxx

Julie said...

Dead clever Chris, love the doodling too!

mixamatoasties said...

Oooh that's fab! Not a colour combo I would have normally gone with but I'm loving it!

Susan xx

kathy said...

This is so striking it gorgeous x

Jen Nelson said...

Love how you use the Lime and Black. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Anonymous said...

Love the green and the black. Great idea to use the negative for this effect. Fab card. Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Regards Florence x

Alica said...

Cool card! Great doodling - at first I thought it's real DP :) have to try it sometime too!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Rosmarie said...

Fabulous card! Love the doodling in the petals!

Rosi x