Followers

Sunday 16 March 2014

...to new adventures...

 
Good morning my lovely friends! It's time for a new challenge at Hobbycutz and sadly, this is my last DT card for this lovely Challenge Blog. I have been a DT member since their very first challenge, it's been a lovely experience but now I feel it's time for me to move on and make way for some new blood and fresh ideas!
The challenge theme this week is to make a shaped card. I die cut an oval card blank, then made an oval frame which is covered with DP, I used gilding flakes around the edges to make it look aged (a bit like me:( The lovely ornate swirls are of course from the Hobbycutz shop, again they have been covered with gilding flakes. The fabulous atmospheric background and the butterflies are a Delicious Doodles images, you can find them here, here and here. The main image is from Sassy Studios, our lovely sponsors this week. She's called Theodora. I've coloured her with copics and paper- pieced her coat and hat.
I didn't realise, until I'd finished this card, how apt it was for my last challenge... it looks as if she's waving goodbye before setting off a new adventure....
Thanks for looking, and I do hope that you'll find time to pop over to Hobbycutz Challenges to admire my teamie's creations. We'd love to see your shaped cards too!
Chris
x
 
Challenges
brownsugar paper piecing
totallypapercrafts shaped cards
lovetocreate anything goes
cardsgalore stamp or digi image
alohafriday things with wings
 
 

13 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fabulous image and backing.xxx

Julie said...

Oh my goodness lady, is there no end to your talent, your creativity is exceptional! Stunning card! X

Tracey T said...

What a great card - she looks like a female Indiana Jones! xx

mixamatoasties said...

Love this Chris it's a fabulous card. I'm sorry you're going for I will miss you on HC.

Susan xx

PS thanks for sharing at Love to Create.

chrissy xx said...

What a FABulous scene you've created Chris..
LOving your colours and this sweet images...
A great card to wave Goodbye to your DT spot....
Chrissyxx

Kathleen said...

This is stunning Chris, great shape, great image and a classy card.

Kath x

designermc said...

Chris, I just wanted to tell you again how much I love this card. Saw it on our Hobbycutz DT blog and then spotted it here. Thanks for joining us at Hiding In My Craft Room.
Nancy, DT

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh WOW Chris this is fabulous. Love the shape. Judy x

Mollie said...

Super fun card! LOVE the shape and the colors! Really stands out! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at HIMCR!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Gail said...

Boy oh boy, are they going to miss you on this DT! Your cards have been fabulous. This card reminds me so much of the tv series: Once Upon A Time. This is an awesome shaped card and this image...well, this is a fantastically colored image and done beautifully! Hugs, Gail

Unknown said...

This is awesome, thank you for entering at Totally Papercrafts.
Cheers Nicole DT

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

What a lovely creation Chris. I love the image and how you paper pieced the jacket. It's a stunning creation.

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Brown Sugar Challenge for our Paper Piecing Challenge. Good luck.

Lynn, BSCB DT

Jenny Alia said...

I love this! The design, the details and especially the way she seems to pop off the page!