Followers

Friday 8 January 2016

Never too old.......

...for fairytales, so true! I've been an avid reader ever since I can remember, a lot of my childhood was spent with my nose stuck in a book, totally oblivious to the world around me! I always loved fairy tales, the dark scary core hidden in the best ones is irresistible!
 I was lucky enough to win this fabulous Bookaholic image in a previous challenge at The East Wind and couldn't wait to colour that gorgeous hair! Instead of creating a card with her I did what I have been promising myself for ages and dug out my altered book journal, made from an old hardback book, (started  in a class several years ago, and sadly neglected!). So a journal page rather than a card this time. The image is so stunning that I  kept the page quite simple, printing out a page of a story, sticking it in the book and hiding the join by painting a deep black border with acrylic paint. I stamped the border with a tiny swirl stamp in gold metallic ink and doodled some stars with Cosmic acrylic drawing ink. The fairy silhouettes are Lavinia stamps. The main image is coloured with copics. I sooo enjoyed making this! I'm definitely going to make some more pages this year!
The cover of my altered journal


A closer look at the image
Thanks for visiting, hope you have a lovely weekend.
Chris
x

Challenges entered;
The East Wind  #46 Flag on the play
imaginethat colouring


18 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a fabulous cushion for the cat, great hair colour will have to have a word with my hairdresser!
Brilliant colouring and a lovely page.
Have a good weekend.

Kath x

Judith said...

your journal page is fabulous Chris - I just love that gorgeous hair - but I have no idea what I'd do with all of that I have enough problems with my unruly curly mop!! -i also sent my childhood with my nose in a book - i don't read as much these days as there's just not enough hours in the day to fit in the papercraft knitting and reading too!! hugs judith xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow Chris, that is STUNNING! I LOVE the way you've coloured her hair, all those highlights and shadows. Utterly delish! Fabulous journal page. I rather think she deserved front cover! Hope she gets a regular showing. Big hugs, Wends x

chrissy xx said...

What a Wonderful image this is..The colouring of her hair is FABulous Chris and I LOve this sweet kitty sat on top! I think she deserves front cover too!
Chrissyxx

monique said...

lovely

coldwaters2 said...

OMG how brilliant this is Chris you have coloured that hair to perfection, wow, fantastic page for your journal
hugs
lorraine x

mixamatoasties said...

That's fab Chris! I LOVE her hair.

xx

Jackie C said...

Super fab hair!Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie CT member.

Wonderful that you have shared your great artwork with us here at THE EAST WIND. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ THE EAST WIND

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Lovely project ....The image made me smile....all that hair with the cat on the top....Joolsx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Lovely project ....The image made me smile....all that hair with the cat on the top....Joolsx

CaroleAnn said...

Oh, My, I absolutely love this. Using red on an image is not an easy color to work with and you nailed it!!! Love the whole concept here - so inspirational!!! Hugs

Chrissy said...

Fantastic colouring Chris..her hair and the colour is out standing..a gorgeous journaling page..love the little fairies too..

luv CHRISSYxx

Crafting Vicky said...

wow this is gorgeous!!! The addition of the little fairies is totally fun and the sentiment is really great with this superbly colored image. I really love the altered book cover as well!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at The East Wind. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

Kristine said...

Wow, Wow, WOw, this is gorgeous coloring, Chris!! :) You are very talented, and I'm so glad you entered this in our COLORING CONTEST at Imagine That! :) Good luck!!

xKris
Please join us February 6 for our Brand new Open Digi Challenges!!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning designed card Chris, must have missed this one personally. It sure is beautiful.Many thanks for joining in our colouring contest this month and good luck in our draw..xx{aNNie For Imagine That DT Member}

gobarb26 said...

The way you colored the hair is terrific! It looks so real. Great job!
Barb B. CZT
Imagine That Design Team

Deanne Saunders said...

Ohhh, lovely!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! Digis by Kris coloring challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Unknown said...

Stunning card, love how you have brought her to life , the cat is so so cute.Thank you so much for playing in our COLORING CONTEST this month at Imagine That.
Hugs Tania x