Followers

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Steampunk canvas

Good morning! When I saw the current challenge over at the East Wind I knew I'd have to find time to join in! Steampunk is one of my favourites! I know it doesn't appeal to everyone so I don't often make cards using this style...so, inspired by some of my lovely blog buddies, I decided to make a mini canvas.I painted the canvas with white acrylic  because my gesso smelt awful, think it had gone off :(  then used distress inks to stencil the background cogs.The image I've used is this month's freebie from The East Wind, it's just a beautiful face...no hair! I coloured using my copics then added the 'hair' using stamped and embossed cogs, just cut an aperture to fit her face into. I fitted it through the Tim Holtz clock die cut which has been embossed using frantage. I stuck this to the canvas adding the metal sentiment and a tiny stamped clock. I added some wings to the stamped embossed sentiment and then finished off with metal buttons and laser cut wooden cogs. I so enjoyed making this even though I haven't a clue what I'm going to do with it!
Thanks for visiting today, hope you're enjoying a good week!
Chris
x
Challenges entered:
theeastwind #52 Steampunk
alteredeclectics -April challenge ATG
rheddscreativespirit April Challenge  ATG
creativecorner embossing powder
leftofcenter #124 embossing


19 comments:

Veerle said...

I love your canvas it looks awesome. I like steampunk but don't make it often too because not many people like it. Thank you for sharing it at the Creative Corner Challenges.
Greetings, Veerle-DT

Pat said...

Fabulous canvas Chris, I love the way you have used the cogs for hair it looks great.

Pat xx

Jac’s Playground said...

This is stunning, love steampunk, love the image and love your canvas x

Chrissy said...

WOW!!...FANtastic Chris..I love how you made her hair with the cogs..wonderful butterfly too..love it.

luv CHRISSYxx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

what a beautiful canvas - I too love steampunk but not made anything using that style for ages - you have inspired me to get on with such a project. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

Handcrafted by Ellapu
Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wowzer Chris what a fantastic canvas I love that image also the Steampunk theme this is awesome
hugs
lorraine x

Kathleen said...

Well to be totally honest, and I try very hard to be, Steampunk doesn't float my boat, but this is a great canvas and I can appreciate the time and effort you have put into it, very clever design and a lovely creation in the style.

Kath x

Sue said...

Totally love this Chris! huggles Sue xx

DonnaMundinger said...

What an amazing canvas! I saw this over on LOC and had to come comment. Fabulous use of Unky's freebie and sooooo creative. Love,love,LOVE! xxD

chrissy xx said...

A Wonderful creation Chris..I LOve this face! BRilliant colours and design..
I did a double take on you using the TH clock! FAB idea to use in round the image.
LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Steph said...

Wonderful canvas, I love the cogs and gear hair you made! Thanks for joining us at LOC challenges.

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh WOW this is so different to your normal style Chris! BUT, I LOVE IT! This really is stunning. Judy x

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh WOW this is so different to your normal style Chris! BUT, I LOVE IT! This really is stunning. Judy x

My Side of Oz said...

I love steampunk and this is terrific! Fabulous use of all the elements! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

KristyLee said...

Very stunning, love this! Thanks for sharing w/ us at LOC!
Peace,
KristyLee

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love steampunk and you rocked this challenge, Chris. This is such a gorgeous canvas and the way you inserted the face into the weathered clock is so clever and effective. The details are very cool on this canvas! Thanks so much for joining our Steampunk/Industrial/metal Challenge at The East Wind. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jackie C said...

Wonderful that you have shared your great artwork with us here at THE EAST WIND. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ THE EAST WIND

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Beautiful canvas and I love that image. Thank you for sharing this with Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa(DT).

Rocky said...

This is great, I love the gorgeous colour of the cog hair. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics.