Followers

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Hopes and dreams


Good afternoon, hope everyone is safe from the floods and general chaos. I'm still finding it hard to believe that some of the images I've seen on TV are real and happening in the UK! The devastation is just incredible and I feel so sorry for those unfortunate enough to be affected by it. Although I'm lucky enough to live somewhere unaffected by the awful weather, apart from the odd huge sinkhole appearing in the motorway!, it's been too wet to venture outside much today! I tried to go for a walk with my sister, but we gave up and came home to get warm, which left me time to play! I've made (a lot) of mess with inks and stamps creating this little scene. I used various colours of blue and pink distress inks, masking with torn paper to make the background. The stamps are all Lavinia. The 'hopes and dreams' wording is die cut from vellum and stuck on. I was trying to achieve a soft dreamy effect, so I used some black tulle under and around the edges of the main image. The stick pins are home made and I finished by adding a random scattering of pearls around the edges. Thanks for looking!

Keep dry!
Chris
x
I'm entering my card in these challenges:
laviniastamps - blue, lilac or both
Fantastic Tuesday Romance
paperminutes love is in the air
sweetstamps love
throughthepurplehaze anything goes
.fashionablestamping build it up
Stamping sensations wings/fantasy/fiction
corrosivechallenges feel the love
allsorts 'B' colours

27 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful card Chris, love the design. Thanks for entering the Lavina Stamps Challenge and good luck! Kx DT member

Crafting with Darcy said...

So soft and beautiful, Chris!! Your background is just perfectly done for your silhouette image! I love your card! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
Darcy

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, I do so wish I could do this type of card.

Kath x

chrissy xx said...

What a FAbulous scene you've created!
LOving your colours and these pretty silhouette images.
Chrissyxx

JoanieMc said...

Beautiful card! I love your technique with the inks. Great design too! Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze Challenge and hope you join us often.

Hugs
Joanie

My name is Wynneth said...

Your card is really lovely Chris, love the images you've used and that fabby cobweb !

hugs
wynneth
x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Chris. I love the images and your inking is fabulous. The spiderweb and net are stunning.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Diane said...

Beautiful design Chris with the fun image and wonderful spider web.

Hugs Diane

Julie said...

Oh Chris, you've caught the bug, I knew you'd love getting inky with Lavinia! Just love how you achieved your wording, such a brilliant idea. Your card is a real beauty! X

Crafty Judith said...

Gorgeous card hun thanks so much for playing along at Fan-Tastic Tuesday - have a great day x

brenda said...

Lovely ink and stamping Chris and perfect for this weeks theme, thank so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here which runs until 5th March.

B x

brenda said...

I should also have said thank you for joining in at Stamping Sensations Chris.

B x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Design, thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge, we would love you to join us again next week for another fun challenge,
Hugs
Suzy B~Owner~Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge
XX

Mervi said...

Fabulous stamping, love the beautiful images, stunning card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

Sandy Fredrick said...

Gorgeous design, love the colors you used and the awesome black netting ribbon and pearls. Thank you for joining us in this weeks blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image ,beautiful details, and the design too, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous with great masking. Beauty in its best form.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

An Occasional Genius said...

Absolutely stunning Chris! xx

Chrissy said...

Oh! This is just lovely Chris...what a gorgeous silhouette and love the masking technique and web up in the corner...I love the netting and sprinkling of pearls ...so gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

butterfly dream cards said...

Absolutely beautiful...............i love it...

fiona dT
TTPH

mixamatoasties said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chris! Love it.

Susan x

Unknown said...

wonderful card, I love the composition! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!! Melissa (DT)

Francesca said...

Very lovely card, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Francesca x

Lucy said...

Simply stunning! I love the colouring of the background and your Lavinia stamps are just beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

Lucy DT

Tracey T said...

Well you definitely got the dreamy effect you were looking for - this is stunning! xx

Rosmarie said...

A gorgeous card Chris! The big moon gives this pretty little scene a fascinating and romantic feeling!
Rosi x

Eret said...

Amazing card, Chris! Really beautiiful scene and fabulous colors. Thank you so much for sharing your stunning card with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join us again in our new challenge.
Eret x