Followers

Saturday 21 January 2017

Dies and punches at Sweet Stampin'

Good morning...it IS still morning .... just about! My post is a bit later today as I'm still recovering from a wonderful day out yesterday. I spent the day in London with my lovely daughter (a belated birthday treat!)  We had a wander around Camden Lock and market as I've never been there, then we went to the Tate Modern (have to admit I'm not a big fan of modern art...don't really 'get' it). We must have walked miles! Our lovely day was finished with dinner and a show, Kinky Boots, which we both thoroughly enjoyed. An absolutely fabulous day spent in the company of my absolutely fabulous daughter! We didn't get home until well after midnight and then spent an hour or so chatting. Didn't get to bed until after 2 am which is why I'm shattered today!
Anyway, enough of the waffle, here's my card for this week's Sweet Stampin' Challenge which is 'dies and/or punches'. I used a ginormous Prima Princess stamp, I bought it online and didn't realise how big it was, but it is beautiful and lovely to colour! I stamped her on kraft card and used my Polychromo pencils to colour. The DP is from a Heartfelt pad, I carefully cut around the flower border with a craft knife insert the image behind it, then added some more of the flowers cut from the dp and attached with sticky pads for a bit of dimension. There's a die cut flourish, 2 punched butterflies, a couple of feathers and a little wooden  heart.
As always, there's some beautiful creations from my lovely teamies to be seen by clicking here and of course we'd love to see what you make of this lovely easy challenge.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend.
Chris
x

Challenges entered:
crafting-with-friends #35
morgansartworld. #1
crafty-girls-creations #32
craftygalscorner #106 add a heart
thepapershelter.#277 shades of blue
cck challenge Jan 017  Use something new (stamp)
unicornchallenge #17 January blues

17 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Chris, your card wasn't here when I popped over before But what a pretty one it is...great make with the image.xxhttp://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com.au/

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Stunning card Chris! Love the stamping on kraft and your colouring is fabulous! How gorgeous that you had such a fab outing in London with your daughter too. My Swedish pal just saw Funky Boots in Sweden too and was raving about it. I'll have to watch for whether that reaches our shores too. Not for a while I'd guess. I've been playing with my lovely stamp you sent. Hoping to get it coloured up and on a card very soon. (New stamp tool to play with too, so spent ages just stamping, no colouring! LOL) Big hugs, Wends xoxo

Pamellia said...

Wow Chris, this is just breathtaking!! Your image is incredible, the colouring is beyond amazing! I zoomed right in and I can see the amazing blending of the colours on every petal and strand of hair!! The faux stitching is a lovely way to frame the panels, and the genuine feather is a divine addition to this magical card!! happy weekend, sending hugs :)

Chrissy said...

Oh,WOW..GORgeous Chris..love the stamp and colouring on kraft and the flowers are beautiful along with the feather and details..just beautiful..So glad you had such a good time with your daughter,what a great day.

luv CHRISSYxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Chris,
oh how gorgeous is this.
That image is perfectly coloured, and it looks really fab on Kraft card.
Love your wonderful design, and the beautiful flowers, and the fab use of the paper pad.
Stunning just so stunning.
I too would be shattered if I had done all that in one day, but who am I kidding I don't think my body would be able to do half of it.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jenny L said...

fogot to say I too cannot understand modern art either.
I love the paintings that you can understand and I am always amazed at the lovely shine they get on the clothes they paint just like it was a piece of real silk or satin.
There is one such painting in the National Gallery called Lady Jane Grey which I stared at for ages as it was so perfect.

Kathleen said...

Belated Birthday wishes Chris.
Really stunning card, everything is just so perfect.
It also has some lovely daisies on, nudge nudge.

Kath x

Sue said...

Really fab card Chris!!! so glad you had a fab time huggles Sue xxxxx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love the design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxx

Pat said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Chris, I love the way you cut the backing paper and put the image behind it really enhances a beautiful image and all your embellishments look fabulous. Sounds like you had a really great day in London.

Pat xx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous card Chris....beautifully coloured ...love the image on craft....
Glad you had a great day out with your Daughter even if it was a long one!!!.....Joolsx

Vannessa said...

Lovely card and image and I love all the embellishments that you used. Thanks for joining in the The Paper Shelter Challenge this month. Hope to see you again.

Vannessa
The Paper Shelter DT

coldwaters2 said...

It is lovely to hear that you had such an awesome day out with your daughter Chris. Chris your card is so beautiful the colours, image and dies you have used look fantastic.
hugs
lorraine x

Judy V said...

Pretty card! Love your design! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!

chrissy xx said...

BEAutiful colouring on Kraft. I LOve your pretty design, and GOrgeous embellishments.
A full fun packed day in London, sounds as though you got to see and do everything you'd planned Chris..Surprising just how far you walk too..Think I'd need a full day to get over it lol.
Chrissyxx

Line said...

A really beautiful card. Love the coloring <3

Thank you so much for joining us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.

Hugs Line

Stampsnob. said...

Beautiful image Love the color TFS Unicorn Ch .......... Lis